- 100g unsalted butter, softened, plus extra for the baking sheet
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 175g self-raising flour
- 25g puffed rice cereal, such as Rice Krispies
- Bacofoil Baking Paper
- Heat oven to 160C/140C fan/gas 3. In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar and golden syrup until smooth.
- Sift in the flour and mix together, then fold through the puffed rice cereal. Roll into walnut-sized balls and place, well spaced, on some Bacofoil Baking paper.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until golden. Leave on the baking sheet for 1 min before removing to a wire rack to cool.
Thanks to Melissa in Shropshire for the recipe.