Cajun Sausage & Beans
- 4 sheets (300mm x 450mm each) Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- 500g smoked pork sausage, cut in ¼-inch slices
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can diced tomatoes with garlic and onions
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 450°F/230°C or grill to medium-high. Combine sausage, beans, tomatoes, green pepper and seasonings.
- CENTRE one-fourth of bean mixture on each sheet of Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil.
- BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make four packets.
- BAKE 18 to 20 minutes on a baking tray in oven
- OR GRILL 12 to 14 minutes in covered grill.
*Bacofoil Kitchens Tip: To make your own Cajun seasoning, combine
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder,
- 1 teaspoon salt,
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil,
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme,
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper,
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Use 2 teaspoons mixture in above recipe; reserve remaining mixture for another use.