Far East Spiced Chicken
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 medium red pepper, cut in strips
- 4 Spring onions, cut in 1-inch pieces
- 5oz/150g apricot preserves or orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Garlic salt to taste
- 10 dried apricots, chopped
- 5oz/150g rice, uncooked
- PREHEAT oven to 230°C.
- CENTRE one chicken breast on a piece of Bacofoil Non-Stick with non-stick side toward food. Combine spices. Sprinkle and rub spices over chicken, turning to coat evenly. Top with red pepper strips and spring onions. Drizzle with apricot preserves and orange juice. Sprinkle with garlic salt.
- BRING up foil sides. Double fold top and ends to seal packet, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make two packets.
- BAKE 18 to 22 minutes on baking tray in oven.
- SERVE over Apricot Rice Pilaf. To prepare rice while packets are cooking, stir apricots into uncooked rice and cook.