Gluten-Free Salmon, Lemon and Dill Mini Fishcakes
- PREHEAT the oven to 400°F/200°C. Line a baking tray with Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil; set
- FOR THE MINI FISHCAKES Place the potatoes in a large pan and bring to the boil. Cook
until tender, then add the butter and cheese. Mash until smooth and evenly blended.
- Meanwhile, place the salmon on the lined baking tray and grill for 10-15 minutes, turning
once, then set aside. Flake the fish once cooled and remove any bones.
- Add the salmon to the mashed potato along with the dill, spring onions, sweetcorn and
beaten egg. Gently combine, ensuring the salmon does not flake too much. Shape the
mixture into golf ball sized shapes.
- CRISPY COATING In a blender, crumble the dry bread and whirl until resembles fine
bread crumbs. Stir in the lemon zest. Gently toss the mini fishcakes in the gluten-free flour,
dip in the beaten egg and finally toss them in the gluten-free breadcrumbs until evenly
- Lay the mini fishcakes on the lined baking tray and lightly drizzle a bit more olive oil over
the top. Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon, homemade chunky chips and gluten-free sweet chilli dipping
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- 2 large Maris Piper potatoes, quartered
- 25g / 1oz butter
- 50g / 2oz mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 450g / 1 lb salmon, skinned
- Small bunch dill, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 2 dessert spoons sweetcorn
- 1 medium egg, beaten to bind
- 3 slices gluten-free dry bread, crumbed
- ½ lemon, zested
- 1 medium egg, whisked to coat
- Olive oil
Recipe by Kate Hardie, Author of “Can I Eat It?: Gluten-free family recipes” e-book.