Bacofoil has teamed up with leading nutritionist, Sarah Schenker, to recreate all your favourite home-cooked recipes with the great twist of no added butter or oil. So, why not ditch the chippy fish and chips on a Friday for this healthy, yet delicious alternative. Not only is Mackerel full of Omega goodness but oats and pine nuts will give you an energy boost and keep you fuller for longer.
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- 100g porridge oats
- 1 egg
- 2 mackerel fillets
- Juice of half a lemon
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 100g spinach leaves
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle the oats onto a plate and season with a pinch of salt and plenty of pepper. Beat one of the eggs in a shallow bowl. Dip each kipper fillet into the egg and roll it in the seasoned oats.
- Line a roasting tin with a sheet of Bacofoil Non-Stick foil, dull side up. Place the mackerel in the tin and squeeze over the lemon juice before cooking for 15 minutes at 200°C/Gas mark 6.
- Meanwhile, place the sliced mushrooms on a baking sheet (lined again with a sheet of Bacofoil Non-Stick) and place under a hot grill for 3-4 minutes.
- Put the spinach in a pan with a splash of boiling water and cook over a medium heat until just wilted.
- When ready to serve, drain the spinach and season with salt and pepper and a pinch of nutmeg, and sprinkle over the pine nuts. Tip the grilled mushrooms and the released juices over the spinach and divide between two plates. Top each one with a mackerel fillet.