Triple Chocolate Brownie Cake
- Bacofoil Greaseproof Baking Paper
- 3 squares ( 3 oz.) unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 4oz / 110g butter
- 3 eggs
- 12 oz / 338g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5oz / 150g flour
- 5oz / 150g white chocolate drops
- 4 squares (4 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons golden syrup
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F/180°C. Grease sides of a 9-inch round cake pan. Line bottom of cake pan with Baco Baking Paper; set aside.
- FOR CAKE, place unsweetened chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH, stirring every 30 seconds, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, until melted. Cool; set aside. Beat eggs on medium speed with an electric mixer. Beat in sugar, vanilla and salt. Stir in melted chocolate, flour and white chocolate drops. Spread batter in baking paper-lined pan.
- BAKE 35 to 40 minutes. Cool in pan on rack 15 minutes. Loosen sides with a knife; invert cake onto plate. Peel off parchment. Cool. Cake will be dense and fudgy.
- FOR GLAZE, place semi-sweet chocolate, water, butter and corn syrup in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100% power), stirring every 30 seconds, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until melted. Cool. Slide parchment strips under cake edges. Spread glaze over cake. Remove parchment; refrigerate until glaze is set.
- BACO KITCHENS TIP: The quickest and easiest way to line a cake pan with parchment paper is to place the cake pan on the parchment and trace around the bottom of the pan with a pencil. Cut out the parchment circle and fit it into the pan.