GET INTO THE GROOVE FOR RIO WITH A TASTY VEGETABLE FEIJOADA
Bacofoil has teamed up with TV chef Dean Edwards to create a classic Brazilian soul dish, with a tasty twist! Packed full of hearty and juicy vegetables, it’s the perfect healthy mid-week meal to share with friends and family.
This popular Brazilian stew will be sure to get your taste buds sambaing!
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- 700g sweet potatoes peeled and cubed
- 1 green pepper cut into 8
- 1 red pepper cut into 8
- 1 red onion peeled and cut into 8
- 1 onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 heaped tsp ground coriander
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tbs tomato puree
- 2 x 400g tins black beans drained
- 500ml vegetable stock
- 100g baby plum tomatoes
- 150g roasted red pepper from a jar
- ½ red onion finely diced
- 1 green chilli chopped
- Juice 1 lime
- 30ml olive oil
- 2 tbs coriander chopped
- Sour cream for serving
- Place the cubed sweet potato, pepper and red onion into a bowl then drizzle on the oil and a sprinkling of salt and pepper then stir well to cover. Take a piece of Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil then line a roasting tin with the dull non-stick side facing up. Scatter on the vegetables then cook in a pre heated oven set at 190oc / gas mark 5 for 30-35 minutes.
- Gently cook the diced onion and garlic in a large saucepan with a dash of oil for 5 minutes, then add in the paprika, coriander, thyme and puree. Cook for a minute, then add in the beans and stock before bringing up to a simmer. Finally, add in the roasted vegetables from the Non-Stick Foil-lined tray and cook for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, to make the salsa, finely chop the tomatoes, peppers, onion, chilli and coriander and place into a bowl. Season, then dress with lime juice and olive oil. Serve the feijoada with some wholegrain rice, a dollop of sour cream, the salsa and some fresh coriander.
Enjoy! Serves four.