COOL AS CAIPIRINHA WITH THIS BRAZILIAN INSPIRED TRAY BAKE
Bacofoil has teamed up with TV chef Dean Edwards to create a Brazilian-inspired succulent sweet and sticky chicken dish, guaranteed to delight your taste buds
Named after the national cocktail of Brazil, this recipe is guaranteed to be packed full of punch and flavour!
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- 4 chicken breasts (skin on)
- 30ml rum
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed)
- Juice of 2 limes
- Small handful fresh mint (chopped)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 tbs honey
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 small butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- 2 red onions (peeled and quartered)
- 1 green pepper (deseeded and cut into 8)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes on the vine
- 1 lime (halved)
- Whisk up the glaze in a small bowl then set to one side.
- Score the breasts diagonally three times and place the breasts into a bowl (for a lower fat version you can remove the skin). Then pour over ½ of the glaze, cover with clingfilm and leave to marinade for ½ hour.
- Take the squash and place them into a bowl along with the onion and peppers. Add the olive oil for flavouring then toss to coat the vegetables.
- Place into a roasting tray lined with Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil, making sure the dull side is facing up as this is the non stick side. Add the chicken, tomatoes and lime halves, season with salt and pepper, and then bake in an oven set at 190oc / gas mark 5 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle the reserved caipirinha glaze over the chicken. Return to the oven for a further 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Enjoy! Serves four.