Apricot and Orange Cake
- Piece of Bacofoil 18″ x 24″
- 8 oz butter
- 8 oz caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 10 oz plain flour
- 1 level teaspoon of baking powder
- Juice and grated rind of 1 orange
- 2 oz chopped dried apricots
- Line a 2lb loaf tin with a piece of foil large enough to leave a 5″ frill above the edge of the tin. Preheat the oven to 150°C/ Gas Mark 2
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the flour and baking powder together, fold into the creamed mixture alternately with the orange rind, juice and chopped apricots. Mix lightly using a metal spoon until smooth.
- Put the mixture into the prepared tin and make a well in the centre of the mixture. Place the whole apricots on top and bake in the centre of a moderate oven, for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Grasp the foil, removed the cake from the tin, allow to become quite cold, then wrap completely in the surplus foil. Store in a cool place for up to 7-10 days.