Chicken, Red Wine and Mushroom Parcel
- 4 pieces double thickness Bacofoil The Original 30 x 45 cm
- 4 free range chicken quarters
- 4 tablespoon seasoned flour
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 baby onions, peeled
- 25g / 1oz unsalted butter
- 4 rashers streaky smoked bacon, cut in lardons
- 16 button mushrooms
- 4 bay leaves
- 12 new potatoes, washed
- 3 cloves garlic chopped with 1 tspn thyme and 1 tspn Maldon salt
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 375ml beefy red wine
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat oven to 180°C / Gas 4.
- Dust the chicken in seasoned flour. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and brown the chicken all over. Place the chicken in the centre of each foil square.
- In the same pan fry the onions and bacon until the onions are golden and the bacon is starting to crisp. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3 minutes. Divide the mixture between the 4 pieces of chicken. Top each with a bay leaf and 4 new potatoes.
- Place the garlic mix in a bowl, crumble in the stock and mix with the wine.
- Raise the sides of the foil and make a double fold along the top, divide the wine between the four parcels. Seal the parcel by folding the sides together.
- Place in the oven and cook for 50 minutes. Carefully open the parcels and spoon into 4 warm bowls, sprinkle with parsley.