Christmas Foil Decorations
A handmade Christmas decoration is a welcome addition to any home, especially when made with little ones. Why not try your hand at this sparkly bauble for your tree this year?
This festive season make some time to create some extra special Christmas tree decorations with your family. With this simple trick you should find everything you need already at home, and it’s super simple to do as well!
What you’ll need:
- Bacofoil Foil (check your kitchen draw!)
- String or wrapping ribbon
- Glue stick
- Paint and paint brush
How to do it:
- Simply cut circles from your card and create small hole near the edge – this is so you can thread your string/ribbon later to create a hanger to secure the decoration to the tree. Struggling with your circle, use a jar or cup from the kitchen as a template.
- Next, cut some short lengths of string and stick to the circle with your glue stick.
- Once these are dry and secure, cover the circle in glue and wrap the circle (remember to mark where your hanging hole is located) with the Bacofoil foil.
- Once you’ve wrapped the circle press the foil down to create sections in between your areas of string (hidden under the foil).
- Now, be sure to push the hole through the foil as well.
- Once you’ve created the decoration you can begin to colour sections of your decoration with the paint.
- Continue to colour in sections of the decoration, but we recommend leaving one or two without paint to allow the foil to catch the Christmas tree lights.
- Now leave your decoration to dry.
- Once the paint has dried, simply cut a short piece of string, around 15cm. Thread it through the hole and tie.
- Now you have one (or as many as you want, we recommend doing 8-10) handmade decoration to hang on your tree this year!
Extra tip: If you’re feeling really creative, why not add some glitter to your creation. Or try positioning the string in your initial!