- Piece of Bacofoil Classic 18.shtml” square
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoon capers, rinsed
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- ½ level teaspoon of caster sugar
- 4 British lamb chump chops
- 1 tablespoon good olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Drain some of excess liquid from the tomatoes. Mix the onion, tomatoes, garlic, capers, oregano, chilli flakes and sugar together in a bowl.
- In a frying pan heat the oil and brown the chops all over. Season the chops with salt and pepper. Place the piece of foil on a baking tin and put half the tomato mixture in the centre of the foil and lay the browned chops on it. Top them with the remaining mixture.
- Fold up the sides of the foil over the chops. Bring the ends up to overlap by about 2″ forming a loose parcel. Press the edges of the foil together to prevent the parcel from opening. Bake in the upper part of the oven for 20 minutes at 220°C/Gas 7.
- Serve with green salad.