WHIP UP A WEEKEND BRUNCH FOR THE FAMILY WITH THIS EASY RECIPE THAT WILL IMPRESS EVEN THE FUSSIEST OF EATERS.
These creamy brunch tarts marry together tasty sweet tomatoes with salty bacon, making them perfect for bringing the whole family together. Cooking with Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil allows the tarts to develop a beautifully even, crisp, golden pastry, and stops them from sticking. You won’t need to worry about the tray either as Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil ensures the pastry will easily lift off, helping you to avoid the hassle of washing up.
Preparation Time: Approx. 20
Cooking Time: Approx. 20 minutes
Cost Per Head: £1.25
- Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil
- 1 pack ready-rolled all butter puff pastry
- 1tbsp milk
- 100g crème fraiche (full fat)
- 50g grated cheese (such as Lancashire, Cheddar, Emmental or Jarlsberg)
- 1 tsp chopped chives, plus a few extra for garnish
- 4 rashers good quality dry-cured streaky bacon, each cut into 4 pieces
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 free-range eggs
- Black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC fan/200ºC/Gas 6. Line two baking trays with Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil (this will ensure the pastry won’t stick to the foil)
- Unroll the pastry and trim the edges then cut into four rectangles. Carefully transfer two rectangles onto each tray. Use a small knife to score an inner rectangle about 1cm in from the edges, but don’t cut all the way through. This helps the pastry to puff up at the edges. Brush the edges only with a little milk
- Mix the crème fraiche with the cheese and most of the chives then spread onto the middle rectangle of each tart. Add the cherry tomatoes and bacon pieces. Bake for 10 minutes until puffed up but not quite cooked, then remove from the oven
- With a teaspoon, push the bacon and tomatoes to the sides to make a well in the middle of each tart. Carefully crack an egg into each. Using your fingers, sprinkle a few drops of water onto each yolk. Return the trays to the oven for a further 7-8 minutes until the eggs are just cooked. You can place a small piece of Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil loosely over the eggs for the last few minutes to stop them drying out. Season with black pepper and sprinkle with a few chives before serving
Tip: Add a few chopped spinach leaves on top of the crème fraiche mixture and under the bacon and tomatoes before baking.