Fiery Bean Cakes
Give your dinner a dash of spice and bring back those warmer memories –all while keeping the calories low, the flavour and speeding up your metabolism to boot! Not only does the chilli give the dish a real kick, it also kick starts your metabolism, making this the perfect antidote to the oncoming winter stodge.
By combining a healthy mix of beans, with fresh parsley and fiery chilli, this dish is not only low in fat and high in protein, but also tastes phenomenal.
- 2 slices wholemeal bread
- 400g tinned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ x 400g tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ x 400g tin black-eye beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 spring onions, finely diced
- Handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas mark 5
- Place the bread slices in a food processor and whizz to make breadcrumbs. Tip them into a large bowl and then add the drained beans to the food processor and pulse until you have a rough paste.
- Add the onion to the breadcrumbs along with the blended beans, parsley, chilli, and salt and pepper. Mix until well combined and then divide the mixture into 4 evenly sized balls. Use your hands to roll and flatten them into patties. Chill in the fridge.
- Line a roasting tin with a sheet of Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil, dull side up. Place the patties in the tin and cook for 20 mins. Serve with a green salad.