Harissa – Roasted Sweet Potato Cous Cous
HEAT UP YOUR DINNER TABLE – HARISSA-ROASTED SWEET POTATO COUS COUS
BACOFOIL AND DEAN EDWARDS TEAM UP
Sick of the sight of the same old bland salads? Healthy doesn’t have to equal humdrum – with just a few simple ingredients you can create something that’s filling, flavoursome and tastier than even the fanciest of salads. So don’t settle for a leafy snoozefest – spice up your life with this Middle Eastern-inspired cous cous dish that’s super high in healthy protein, vitamins and fibre.
Bacofoil has teamed up with TV chef Dean Edwards to create this deliciously exotic yet deceivingly simple recipe for harissa-roasted sweet potato cous cous. Try it for yourself!
- 2 large sweet potato
- Harissa paste
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 250g cous cous
- 500ml vegetable stock
- ½ cucumber
- Bunch of flat leaf parsley
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- Juice 1 lemon
- 40ml extra virgin olive oil
- 40g toasted flaked almonds
- Pomegranate seeds
- 100ml natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp harissa paste
- Pomegranate molasses
- Bacofoil Non-Stick Foil
- Place the cubed sweet potato into a bowl then drizzle on the oil and spoon in the harissa paste and cumin, stir well to cover.
- Take a piece of Bacofoil Non-Stick foil (dull side up) twice the size of the tray then line the tin. Scatter in the sweet potato then pull up the sides and create a seal.
- Cook in a pre heated oven set at 190c / gas mark 5 for 20 minutes then open the Non-Stick foil to expose the potato and return to the oven for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the cous cous in a bowl and pour over the boiling stock, cover with clingfilm and leave to stand for 5 minutes.
- Fork through to separate the grains then add the sweet potato, tomatoes, cucumber, chopped herbs, toasted almonds, lemon juice and olive oil, season with salt and a good grinding of black pepper then mix to combine.
- Pour the yoghurt into a bowl then marble the harissa through with a spoon, drizzle this over the cous cous.
- Finally sprinkle over some pomegranate molasses and some more fresh herbs before serving.
Enjoy! Serves four.