Herb Baked Mackerel
- Double thickness sheet of Bacofoil to line large baking tray
- 8 mackerel fillets, pin boned
- 40g melted butter
- 55g unsalted butter, softened
- 4 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon chopped chives
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic crushed to a paste with a little salt (use a garlic press)
- Preheat oven to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Take a large baking tray and line with a double thickness sheet of Bacofoil, allowing for plenty of excess to enclose the fish.
- Lightly brush the foil with melted butter. Combine the remaining ingredients except the mackerel to produce a herby paste.
- Place four fillets of mackerel skin side down on the buttered foil. Divide the herb mixture into four and spread over the flesh side. Sandwich the filling on each fish fillet with the remaining four fillets, flesh side down. Lightly brush the skin with the remaining melted butter.
- Gather up the sides of the foil and secure the edges by folding and pinching them together, creating an airtight parcel. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Unwrap and serve each fish ‘sandwich’ on a warm plate with new potatoes and a green vegetable or salad. Pour any juices that remain in the foil over the fish.