Moreish Chicken Drumsticks
- Bacofoil Roasting tray and Bacofoil Classic to cover the tray
- 8 free range chicken drumsticks
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon soft dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- ½ teaspoon dry chilli flakes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- If you are competent at your knife skills, chop the knuckle end (thin end) of the drumstick (1/2 inch) with one hefty blow from a heavy knife this allows the meat to shrink neatly when cooked leaving an exposed piece of bone. It’s a cheffy thing, but it looks good. Pierce the flesh in about 4 places to allow the marinade to permeate.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, arrange the drumsticks neatly in a foil tray, then pour over the marinade. If time allows, leave for 3 hours turning the chicken from time to time, cover with foil.
- Remove foil cover and place the chicken in its foil tray under the grill, cook for 15 – 20 minutes, turning and basting regularly until you build up a shiny glaze.
- Serve with rice or mashed potato or just as a delicious snack.