Pistachio Chicken With Sweet Potato Wedges
Bacofoil has teamed up with leading nutritionist, Sarah Schenker, to recreate all your favourite home-cooked recipes with the great twist of no added butter or oil, thanks to Bacofoil Non-Stick.
EXTRA CHIPPER CHICKEN AND CHIPS
BACOFOIL’S PISTACHIO CHICKEN WITH SWEET POTATO WEDGES
- 4 chicken drumstick
- Juice of a lemon
- 2 tbsp wholemeal flour
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 30g pistachios
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tsp paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Bacofoil Non-Stick
- Squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken drumsticks.
- Mix the flour and curry powder together in a shallow dish and season with a pinch of salt and plenty of black pepper.
- Toss the drumsticks in the flour mixture until well coated on all sides. Tap off the surplus flour and arrange them on a plate, reserving the unused flour.
- Put the pistachios, coriander leaves, reserved flour and cayenne pepper into a food processor and pulse until well combined.
- Tip out onto a shallow plate. Pour the beaten egg onto another shallow plate.
- Place the sweet potato wedges in a bowl and toss in the paprika and then season well.
- Line a large roasting tin with a sheet of Bacofoil Non-Stick, dull side up.
- Dip each drumstick into the beaten egg and then into the pistachio mixture.
- Place the drumsticks and the wedges onto the Non-Stick foil and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a mixed leaf and tomato salad.
Enjoy! Serves two.