Spiced Roasted Cauliflower
This simple and healthy vegan recipe is packed full of delicious spices and is easy to make.
Pair with a light and fresh tahini dressing for a delightful accompaniment. The unique BacoLift® surface of Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil will ensure the sticky cauliflower lifts effortlessly off the tray. There’s also very little mess, as all the vegetables are cooked on the Non-Stick Foil, helping you to avoid the hassle of washing up the tray. This warming dish can be served as a main meal or as a side.
SPICED ROASTED CAULIFLOWER
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 parsnips, peeled and quartered lengthways
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp whole cumin seeds
- ¾ tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried crushed chillies
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 medium courgette, halved lengthways then sliced into half moons
For the dressing:
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 1 lemon (half juiced, and other half cut into wedges to serve)
- 1 pomegranate, seeds removed
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC fan/180ºC/Gas 4. Line a baking tray with Bacofoil® The Non-Stick Kitchen Foil (this will ensure the cauliflower won’t stick).
- Wash the cauliflower, then cut into small florets and tip onto the baking tray along with the parsnips.
- Mix the oil with the cumin, turmeric, paprika, chilli, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Drizzle the spiced oil over the vegetables and mix to coat well.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then add the courgette and bake for a further 15-20 minutes until the cauliflower is done to your liking.
- Make a dressing by mixing the tahini, hot water and juice of half the lemon in a small bowl. Drizzle a little dressing over the cauliflower and scatter over the pomegranate seeds.