White Chocolate And Pretzel Christmas Trees
A FUN, FESTIVE TREAT FROM BACOFOIL ®
These fun, festive treats are a great recipe for Christmas, and are so easy to make that they’re perfect for kids! The simple tree design is created on Bacofoil® Non-Stick Baking Paper, which has a unique textured surface, meaning they will peel off with ease once set. Get creative with your decorating to make a really special, edible Christmas scene!
WHITE CHOCOLATE AND PRETZEL CHRISTMAS TREES
Makes: 10-20 depending on size
Cooking Time: Approx. 20 minutes, plus cooling
- Bacofoil® Non-Stick Baking Paper
- 1 large bar white chocolate
- Pretzel sticks, broken in half
- Silver and gold stars, or multi-coloured sprinkles to decorate
- Lay a large piece of Bacofoil® Non-Stick Baking Paper onto a flat board (you may need more than one piece of baking paper and boards depending on how many trees you’re making)
- Break the chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl suspended over a pan of hot (but not boiling) water, allowing the chocolate to melt for a few minutes. The water only needs to be about 5cm deep, ensure that the base of the bowl doesn’t touch the water.
- Meanwhile, arrange the pretzel sticks on the paper, well-spaced apart.
- When the chocolate has fully melted, spoon it into a piping bag fitted with a very fine, plain, writing nozzle. Pipe zig-zags of chocolate to form a Christmas tree shape, starting narrowly at the top and getting wider for the lower branches
- Sprinkle over the decorations, then allow to set in a cool place or the fridge.Once set, the trees will peel easily off the Non-Stick Baking Paper
Tip: Arrange on a Christmassy plate and dust with a little icing sugar to create a snowy scene!