Reindeer tag and decoration
When it comes to Christmas gift tags, a homemade touch is always welcome. And, by making your own, you also get to spend some welcome time with your family.
This festive season make some time to create some extra special Christmas wrapping tags with your family. Try your hand at the reindeer like we did or sketch out your own design. It’s homemade after all so it shouldn’t be perfect!
What you’ll need:
- Bacofoil Baking Paper
- Cardboard (cereal box of thicker card)
- Jute cord/string to hang
- Glue stick
- Colouring pen/Sharpies
- Bobbles for nose
How to do it:
- Start by deciding what animal or festive shape you would like to try first and sketch this out onto your baking paper. If you’re worried about wasting the paper, you could try to plan the outline on a piece of scrap paper instead.
- Once you’ve got your outline, carefully cut around the edge until you have the desired shape. You’re nearly there, it’s that simple!
- Next do the same on a piece of cardboard and stick the baking paper to the cardboard to give a nice textured surface to the tag.
- Remember to then cut a small hole in the centre of the tag or to the side to allow you to easily attach to a gift with sticky tape later on.
- Once this is done, leave one side blank – this is where you can write your Christmas message to your friends or family.
- Now it’s the fun bit – time to decorate your reindeer – or other animal.
- Try adding a bobbly nose and little eyes with some glue or use some colouring pens to add other festive features to your animal.
- Keep decorating until you’re satisfied with your creation.
- Now you have one (or as many as you want, we recommend doing 8-10) handmade gift tags to send with your gifts this year!
Extra tip: If you’re feeling really creative, why not add some glitter to your creation.